I’m posting a question thatIhave for once, in the hopes that someone may have experience in the area.
I’m Canadian, and currently on government disability which covers my rent and some incidentals, along with comping the price of my medications. I’ve been looking into the idea of returning to university as a full-time disabled student (2 courses) but my disability caseworker has informed me I can’t be on disability and attending school, that it has to go through student loans.
Now, I’ve also called around to other government offices and gotten completely different answers. No one seems to think that this area is covered by their department.
I am applying for a student loan, but even if I can get one to cover my living expenses it will still be money I need to pay back at some point, and since I’m taking half the classes most students would a semester the debt for living expenses will pile up.
So, disabled Canadians- if you’ve navigated this area before, I’d really appreciate some tips. I’m already confused and exhausted by other things, and I’m running out of time to go back this fall.
- humainsvolants likes this
- karalianne reblogged this from disabledtalk and added:
- photography-kitty likes this
- virginiaslist reblogged this from disabledtalk and added:
- chetivepoupeesouffreteuse reblogged this from thelamedame and added:
- 4thcoming likes this
- thelamedame reblogged this from disabledtalk and added:
- disabledtalk posted this